Tuesday, March 26, 2013

For Posterity: Christmas 2011 - Snow Canyon Hike

Continuing on with Christmas 2011, my grandpa, who has led hikes in Southern Utah for as long as I can remember, took our family on a short hike in Snow Canyon State Park. Todd said he especially enjoyed it because, although he has been on a lot of hikes in Southern Utah, he has never had a guide with him to talk about the rock formations and native wildlife.


 Here is Daniel, at the top of the world:
 Me, Dan, Uncle Jeff:

 Here, Angie joins Grandpa in telling us about the birdlife:
At some point, and for some reason I can't remember right now, our family was split into two groups and we met up mid-hike. Here we are, reuniting and stopping for a food break:
And dumping excessive amounts of sand out of our shoes...oh, right, that was just me:
 This is a cool juxtaposition of the sandstone on one side of the trail and the lava rock on the other:
 The following photos show that my brothers like to climb things...and pose:


Here is the whole group just underneath some pioneer names written on the rock:

 And these are just some fun little peepholes nearby:


Sorry, for the bad storytelling. (At this rate, I may as well go back to showing pictures of the different rooms in our apartment) I'll try to ramp up the humor in the next post...and not write two in a row.

2 comments:

  1. Fun times - it's hard to believe that so much has happened since this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Becky and Todd! Love the photos and narratives to give us a peek into your great hike! I love Snow Canyon, it's so beautiful. Although, I've never hiked it, I've driven the park and taken many photos, too! It's amazing the geologic sampling that's available in that one park! Also, the beauty is just overwhelming, so thanks for taking me back there and love all the pics, too

    ReplyDelete