Friday, August 5, 2016

Baby Evie at One Month

Time to end the year and a half long hiatus and start up the blog again because...we had another baby!!! And I want her first year of life to be documented at least half as well as her brother's was. So here is the one month update on Evie.

-Nursing: Still not my favorite activity on the planet (actually it falls somewhere between having dental work done and scrubbing cafeteria dishes), but Evie is a much better nurser than Clark ever was. Remember how Clark used to scream at me every time he nursed? Remember how he was so impatient and wouldn't stay latched? Well, I do. Evie just cries when she is hungry and stops once she starts eating. It's amazing! Sure, nursing still hurts. Sure, it's still a pain to do it every 2-3 hours. But I'll take this improvement!

-Sleeping: She's a cuddler. She sleeps the best if someone is holding her, but the swing has become a life saver. She does okay in there most of the time. We probably should start teaching her to sleep on a flat surface like a bassinet or a crib, but I don't want to go back to getting any less sleep than I am currently. Also, when she was first born, her nose was so tiny and probably still swollen from birth that she had a really hard time breathing--lots of snorting and coughing. It seemed like it was actually easier for her to breath if she slept with her head at a bit of an incline. She still snorts when she gets really upset, and it's adorable. She also does a lot of grunting in her sleep. I'm starting to think that she has some gas troubles, but she rarely ever gets fussy so it's hard to tell.

-Sibling: I'm happy to report that Clark has welcomed Evie into the family. And by welcomed I mean he hasn't tried to hurt her. He is mostly ambivalent towards her, but sometimes he'll be very sweet with her. When she's sleeping sometimes he'll look at her and say, "Oh, she's so tiny!" or "Oh, she's so cute!" in a cute high voice. He likes to rub her head or hold her arm or toes. It's pretty cute.

-Miscellaneous: Since she's so tiny, there isn't a whole lot more to update. She is a small, skinny little sweetheart, but very long. She's got long, thin fingers, toes, and feet. I think she's going to be a tall one. She is pretty calm and content most of the time, although she doesn't really like to hang out anywhere without being held. She maybe lasts 10 minutes before she wants to be swaddled and cuddled. She's a sweet thing and I can't wait to get to know her more as she grows. I'm so happy she's healthy and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment