Tuesday, April 29, 2014

2 Month Update

Clark had his 2 month check up and shots yesterday. I figure it's a good time to give a little update on our little guy:

-He's currently weighing in right at 12 pounds. He measured 23.3 inches and I don't know how big his head is, but it's 78th percentile.

-Clark is finally a regular church attender. I usually have to nurse him during Sacrament meeting because I now teach the 16-17 year old Sunday School class. Todd takes him while I teach. So far he's done great, just a minor incident where his diaper leaked on Easter Sunday while I was nursing him and I got some yellow spots on my skirt before I went and taught the youth. I have no pride anymore. :)


-Clark still seems to enjoy the bath. He'll lie still and content while Daddy bathes him (I take forever and get afraid of drowning him, so Todd usually bathes him), except when it comes to his head. He doesn't like his face or head getting messed with.



-We're having a lot of fun dressing him up in all of his little outfits. Polos are adorable, but they are also great spit up nets. Yuck. He is spitting up a lot these days. I love seeing him in little shorts too. Sooo cute.




-Nursing remains a struggle. Probably 75% of feedings involve major crying. From what I can tell (since Clark can't just tell me what bothers him), he gets frustrated when the milk doesn't come immediately or when it stops coming as fast. When he gets frustrated, he gets mad and screams. This obviously makes it difficult for him to get more food because he is so mad and screaming that he won't latch and eat. When I sit him up to burp him, it also seems like he is offended that I'm not giving him more food, so he also screams. But again, that's just what I am guessing. Bottle feeding is looking mighty appealing these days...


-Clark has starting having two longer sleeping stretches at night. Usually he'll sleep for 3 hours from 9-midnight and then from 1-4 am. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it feels much better than just one or two hours. He's starting to change his daytime napping routine too, so I'm trying to figure it out again. He used to nurse, be awake for an hour and then sleep for an hour. Now he gets sleepy, but wakes up pretty quickly and then will be awake and alert for a while before getting fussy and nursing again. Sometimes he takes longer naps in the day, but I haven't found a rhyme or reason to it yet.




-It's so fun to see him starting to smile and react to us when we talk to him. What a charming little guy! I can't wait to see more of that as he grows.



-It sounds like we are pretty lucky that Clark takes a binky, although he'll only take one brand now. Sometimes I wish there was a safe way to tie the binky onto his head so that it wouldn't slip out while I'm driving him somewhere in the car. Everything is going along swimmingly - he's falling asleep, and then he loses the binky and it becomes sad times.



2 comments:

  1. He's just too cute!

    I actually started keeping like four binkies up front with me. And I developed some insane skills at reaching behind me and plugging up Lou. Probably dangerous. But I feel like her screaming was far more dangerous. For the whole world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, he is so ridiculously cute. And tan! I don't think Rosalie got the tan like Lisel did. Another reason Rosalie and Clark need to hook it up-so their kids can be tan? Sure. I think the sweater outfit is my favorite, but the polo ones are pretty dang cute too. I'm with you on 3-4 hours being a long stretch!

    ReplyDelete