Sunday, April 27, 2014

Visitors

One of the great things about having a new baby is that all of your family wants to come and visit you (aka help you survive the first month).


My mom was our first visitor. If my mom hadn't been there when we brought Clark home, I may have just died of anxiety and exhaustion...and malnutrition. Mom, come back and make us delicious food all the time!! My mom is affectionately known as the baby whisperer. She can get any baby to sleep (long and well) and to love her and be comforted. It's a gift and I miss it and her.


Then Todd's mom came to visit.


She even changed her flight to come early because Todd and I were not sure if we were going to be able to survive on our own. She also helped with cooking, cleaning, and Clark so that we could get some rest.


She also accompanied Clark on his first walk and his 2 week check up. Todd got this picture of us just adoring that cute baby as the doctor examined him.

Rachel was next.

In addition to helping with Clark in the night, cooking and cleaning for us, and running errands, Rachel also took it upon herself to make sure that I got out of the house and started acting a little more normally (it had been a month, after all).


Proof that she succeeded, here are Dangie and Mark, Rachel, me and little Clark out at Kemah Boardwalk (Todd was there too, just taking the picture).

And finally, Todd's dad just visited over Easter and his 65th birthday (Happy Birthday!!).


Todd's dad was the lucky visitor who got to be around when Clark started smiling and being more alert. Todd's dad would hold him and walk around and Clark would just take everything in. It was very sweet to watch. Todd's dad also fixed all of our toilets and did other handy man things around the house to spruce things up.


We're happily awaiting Dave and Trisha's visit in May. Counting the days really (just about 3 weeks, guys!!!). And I can't wait until my dad gets to meet little Clark. We're hoping sometime in June (again, counting the days).

We love our family!!! Please come visit again soon. We miss you. A lot.

4 comments:

  1. Can I come visit? The one nice thing about having number two is the first kid gets you out of the house a lot sooner so you feel like a normal (crazy, hungry, sleep-deprived) person a bit sooner too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riss, please come visit!! You could visit Kristen too - 2 for 1! :)

      Delete
  2. We miss you a lot too! And I think Dad and I need to come for a visit really soon! Dad keeps mentioning it every time he sees a picture of Clark, I still haven't gotten to see hi in person yet - things like that. We are both ready to buy our tickets! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete